Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stickles Saturday ~ Celebrate!!

How long has it been since you played with pinwheels? 

Well Spring is peeking right around the corner and for some reason I've always associated pinwheels with Spring.  I guess it's because that's usually one of the first toys the stores set out when the weather starts to turn warm and the sun is up more than it is down. 

Soooo....let's Celebrate Spring!

I created the background sky by dabbing Baby Blue Liquid Pearls over white cardstock using an Ink Blending Foam.  Each of the pinwheels started off life as black chipboard.  I covered each pinwheel with stickles and mounted it using popdots which you can't tell from the photos.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed with black ep's.

Stickles 01-11 Roni 004

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the cheerful colors. Hope you have a great weekend also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Roni! I love pinwheels. I have a few that go out in my yard every spring. I also found a few unpainted wooden ones on clearance in A.C. Moore a while ago that I plan to paint and put outside also.
    I love your use of Stickles on the pinwheels - I'm just a little bit addicted to them - LOL!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinwheels really do announce the coming of spring don't they? Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!