If you joined me for our friendship book we made last year you'll remember the book was built around a funny little e-mail that I rec'd that had some great quotes and quips about friends. Well the idea for this book again started off as an e-mail ~ this time from my brother. It was titled 7% ~ it meant that something like only 7% of the people who rec'd the e-mail who got it was going to pass it on.
Basically the e-mail had a list of 45 life lessons supposedly written by a 90 year old woman ~ Regina Brett and published in The Plain Dealer from Cleveland Ohio. I don't ever take stories behind an e-mail like this at face value so I did some searching and there really is a Regina Brett, she really did write these little life lessons down and she really does write for the Plain Dealer but she is so not 90 years old! (poor woman, that would suck for people to double your age w/o even seeing you - lol!!)
As it turns out she wrote these 45 Life Lessons the day before her 45th birthday (to get the full story check out ~ the FAQ section of her website). She added 5 more lessons when she turned 50 but we'll stick with the original 45.
Since 45 Arches / pages would take a long LONG time to complete I thought we could narrow it down to your favorite 10 quotes. We'll add one quote to each arch we make.
I am actually thinking about making this into a book for my soon to be DIL. It's contains some good advice to live by :)
Here is the list...
45 Life Lessons
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2 When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
So there you go...between choosing your GA pattern and the 10 quotes you'll be using I think that is enough work for this week. I'll be starting off next week with our first arch so you'll have all weekend to decide :)
Have fun and I hope you decide to join in on the fun!!