Friday, March 18, 2011

Just For Fun Friday ~ Purple Spring!

Today I thought I would continue to welcome in Spring (which officially arrives this Sunday in the States) this week with another personal color challenge.  If you will recall last week I used Orange...not a color I got to often.  This week I am using purple...another color I don't use much ~ so much so that I didn't even have any purple pattern papers to choose from so I made my own  :)

So here they are ~

The first card I stamped my own background using one of my favorite stamps the little Branch Bouquet and a couple colors of purple ink.  Don't you think those little bunnies are just darling?  Another sure sign of Spring :)

JFF - Roni - 3-18-11 001

My other card design came to me in the wee hours of the morning...  Earlier this week I was searching for some purple pattern paper before bed time and couldn't find a thing.  I must have been worried about it because in my dream I was trying to think of a way to break up the card without it...   Here is what I came up with...I placed a scrap sheet of paper across the bottom half, stamped on the top half and added a ribbon to seperate the two.  Now I have to admit I scrapped my first attempt because my scrap paper was crooked and it looked like my flowers were sliding down hill ;)  But I like how the second attempt turned out!  The buttons were stamped as well.

JFF - Roni - 3-18-11 003

Hope you have a wonderful day everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Roni -

    Now purple in ANY shade is my favorite color. I even grow lilacs, lavender and johnny-jump-ups because I love that color. Well I also love the scent of lilacs and lavender. Any way . . . I wanted to say that I think your cards are perfect! Your bunny card is just so adorable. I like the idea of making my own background paper. And your second card? It is sheer perfection! I love how this turned out. It really is just beautiful. Wonderful job Roni, I think you aced this challenge!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great color. I just might have to get the branches stamp because I have noticed how versatile it is - it really does seem to be your go to stamp. I adore what you dreams brought you - the layout is fantastic. As always, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple!! I love your cards..both of them are so pretty!! I would feel wonderful to be on the receiving end of either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent cards! I'm also not usually a fan of purple, but you've done the royal color justice!

    I laughed like a hyena at your reference to flowers sliding down hill ... ah, how often we all have stamps sliding down hill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple! I always buy purple paper but never seem to use it! This inspires me to pull some of it out and play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!