Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March!!!

MARCH!

 
Flower of the month: Daffodil & Jonquils

Zodiac Signs:

Pisces / The Fish, Feb.19 - Mar. 20

Aries / The Ram, Mar. 21 - Apr. 19

March Birthstone: Aquamarine and/or Bloodstone

MONTH LONG OBSERVANCES
Youth Art Month

Family Fun Month

Cabin Fever Month

National Craft Month

National Baby Month

National Optimism Month

National Peanut Month

Dolphin Awareness Month

National Kite Month

Play the Recorder Month

National Poetry Month

Irish-American Heritage Month

Maple Sugar Month

National Frozen Food Month

National Noodle Month

National Nutrition Month

National Peanut Month

National Sauce Month

International Hamburger & Pickle Month


WEEKLY OBSERVANCES
Week One

National Camp Week

National Pancake Week

National Agriculture Week

Celebrate Your Name Week

National Write a Letter of Appreciation Week

National Foreign Language Week

National Chocolate Chip Cookie Week

Nation Procrastinators Week

Autograph Collecting Week


Week Two

Girl Scout Week

Bubble Gum Week


Week Three

Straw Hat week

National Art week

National Wildlife week

American Chocolate week

International Goof Off week

National Agriculture Week

National Spring Fever Week

National Anonymous Giving Week


Week Four

National Bubble Week

National Spring Fever Week

National Second-Hand Shopping Week


DAILY OBSERVANCES...

March 1

Go Bowling Day

National Pig Day

Share a Smile Day

National Peanut Butter Lover's Day
(mmmmm - that would be me!!!)



March 2

Old Stuff Day

World Book Day

Cat in the Hat Day

Silly Putty Birthday

Dr. Seuss's Birthday (B-1904)

National Banana Cream Pie Day



March 3

Peach Blossom Day

National Mulled Wine Day


March 4

Hug A GI Day

National Pound Cake Day

International Scrapbooking Industry Day

Purim



March 5

Namesake Day

Saint Piran's Day

National Cheese Doodle Day



March 6

Alamo Day

National Frozen Food Day

Michelangelo's Birthday

National Chocolate Cheese Cake Day

Oreo Cookies Day (1912)



March 7

Unique Names Day

World Day of Prayer ( Source)

Monopoly Game Birthday(1933)



March 8

Aunt's Day

Plant a flower Day

Middle Name Pride Day

Learn What Your name Means Day



March 9

Panic Day

Genealogy Day

Name Tag Day

Barbie's Birthday (1959)

National Crab Meat Day



March 10

Middle Name pride Day

National Blueberry Popover Day



March 11

Genealogy Day



March 12

Girl Scout Day



March 13

Ear Muff Day

Uncle Sam's Birthday (1830)



March 14

Learn about Butterflies Day

National Potato Chip Day

National Children's Craft Day



March 15

Ides of March

Buzzard's Day



March 16

National Quilt Day

Lips Appreciation Day



March 17

Submarine Day

St. Patrick's Day

National Green Beer Day


March 18

Forgive Mom & Dad Day

Awkward Moments Day

National Quilting Day



March 19

Let's Laugh Day

National Chocolate Caramel Day



March 20

Act Happy Day

National Proposal Day

National Agriculture Day

National Ravioli Day



March 21

Memory Day

Agriculture Day

National Dance Day

National Teenager Day

National Flower Day

National French Bread Day



March 22

Roller Coaster Day

National Badminton Day

International Goof-Off Day

As Young As You Feel Day



March 23

World Turtle Day

National Chip and Dip Day



March 24

National Family Day

National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day

Saint Gabriel Day (patron saint of communications)



March 25

Pecan Day

National Sleep Day

National Waffle Day


March 26

Make up your own Holiday Day



March 27

Kite Flying Day

Photography Day



March 28

Eat an Eskimo Pie Day

Something on a stick day

Greatest Show On Earth Day (Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey)



March 29

Coca Cola Invented

Vietnam Veterans Day

Love your Children Day

National Mom & Pop Business owners Day



March 30

No Homework Day

I Am In Control Day

National Hot Dog Day



March 31

Tater Day

Coloring Crayola Day

National Farm Workers Day

Eiffel Tower's Anniversary
(1889~built for Universal Exhibition in celebration of the French Revolution)


Lots of fun stuff going on in March huh?
Tell me what your favorite day/celebration/observance is and you'll be entered to win this nice little assortment of St. Pattie's Day goodies!

 
 
You have until March 15th to enter to win :)
 
HAPPY MARCH EVERYONE!!!

30 comments:

  1. I already put up a 'National Nutrition Month' card on my blog today. Love that today is peanut butter lover's day...gimme a spoon! But being the foody I am - I love St. Pat's for the corned beef and cabbage!!!!

    http:susank-nimblefingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Patty's day and not because of all the drunkenness because it celebrates the Irish Heritage that I love. My Grandfather (not by blood) was a proud Irishman and he taught me about the country he loved and I truly appreciated the day and use it more so to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni -

    I love that its National Craft Month! I think its awesome that crafts of all kinds have a special monthly celebration. And of course, I love St. Patrick's Day. It always reminds my of my father-in-law. On St. Patrick's Day he would insist that we all go with him to the nearest St. Patrick's Day Parade to celebrate as a family. We always used to have so much fun. While we sometimes still go, its not the same without him.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved St. Pats day because it leads right into my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty happy that on the 29th coca cola was invented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy for me. My youngest daughter was born on St. Patrick's day and we are very Irish, so that's my favorite. Bring on the corned beef and cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're killing me here! How can I choose between March 4th, National Pound Cake Day, and March 14th, National Potato Chip Day - two of my favourite addictions?!? So I'll choose March 24th, National Family Day, to celebrate those people who provide me with so many opportunities to make cards. Even though I am a multi-generation Irish-Canadian, only slightly diluted! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Roni.....

    My favorite day is March 3rd (my birthday), and I will be observing National Craft Month, along with the pancakes. And National Sauce Month, which will take care of the mulled wine, yeah? ;)

    I do not need to be entered in the drawing, thanx anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that its National Craft month, but sadly it's not over here in the UK.

    As well as St Paddy's later this month, today is also St David's Day (patron-saint of Wales) but as I'm neither Irish nor Welsh, I have to say the day I love best in March is the 29th, because that's my birthday lol!

    Charli x

    ReplyDelete
  10. my twin boys, Stephen and Kevin, were born on Act Happy day (Mar 20). I have never had to act happy around them -- they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. March 27, Kite Flying day, is one of my favorite March observances. I have fond memories of flying kites when I was young and then later when our children were young. I have a very special memory of my soon-to-be husband and I flying a kite one afternoon. And I have a favorite Winnie the Pooh stamp with him holding a kite that I like to make cards with and surprise friends with "Fly A Kite Day" cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Something on a Stick Day!! OMG that has to be one worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite March "holiday" has to be Cabin Fever Month (and National Spring Fever Weeks)! Living in central Maine, I've had all the winter I can stand for one year!!! Too much snow and cold weather, too many days cooped up inside (though they've been great crafting days). I'm even helping plan a National Craft Month Cabin Fever Reliever event at my local stamp store! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that it is National Craft Month! I am attending a great 4 day craft retreat this month. So it's my favorite month so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. March 20th is the 1st day of spring, so that's my favorite day of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks for all the fun things to celebrate!

    Obviously as a Guinness girl I know all about St. Pat's, but I didn't know that March 31 is Coloring Crayola Day!

    I've never been big on "days" devoted to commercial products ... but come on ... CRAYOLAS! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much to love in March - where to begin...love peanut butter and optimism and pancakes and hugging GI and cannot forget Uncle Sam, but my favorite day in March is my mom's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. March 2 is the greatest guy in the world's birthday, my hubby~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I going with March 24 - National Family Day. That is my daughter's BD and therefore, we became a family on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like St Patrick's day because of all of the green. Besides, it is the one day that it is cool to have red hair like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love March! Besides all the family b-day's that land on the 24th (5 in all, with my Dh's is most important, of course), it is also Saint Gabriel Day (patron saint of communications). With that in mind, I wish I could get my husband to tell me what he wants for his b-day!!! HAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy March!
    I have to say March 6...my wedding anniversary - 18 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. March 27th. Kite Flying Day, reminds me of all the times my girls and I flew a kite on the beach. Good, clean, relaxing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm, it's between March 1st, my birthday, and March 17the St Patty's Day! Not for the green beer, I've actually never had green beer, but I love the Irishness of it! I'm either part Irish or Scottish, moms not sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Lips Appreciation Day! And it happens to fall on my birthday!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lets Laugh day is my second fave , because who can resist that?? I firmly believe that laughing makes you live longer!!
    My 1st fave day in March is my Mom's birthday, March 6...when she will turn 85 years young!

    ReplyDelete
  27. St. Patrick's Day is my mother's birthday. So of course, I like to make her St. Pat's themed birthday cards. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite March observance is that it is National Craft Month! Also, the first day of Spring is in March. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite observances in March are my mother's birthday on the 5th and my daughter's birthday on the 13th...two of my favorite people! And what's not to love about Peanut Butter Lover's Day, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like National Craft month, but also St. Patty's Day, it's a fun day to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!