Sunday, October 6, 2024

Gecko Galz October Challenges

 Hello Friends - 

I hope you are doing well. Today I wanted to share a bit of art I made for a few of the October image challenges over at Gecko Galz.


My first project is the Card Challenge - Isn't she lovely. I used a bit of gold shimmer paper as the mat with some gold leaf trim and gold glitter glue which isn't showing up very well in the photo. I finished it off with a very fitting sentiment.


The Fantasy challenge featured this radiant stag image. I thought he looked very wintery so I made a fun shaker card for him. I LOVE the ring sequins don't you? They are so much fun and add so much interest which I paired with the flat sequins which are ever so popular at the moment.


My next project for the Christmas Challenge is rather large. It is a 6x10 plaque which I upcycled by adding a bit of brown cardstock to mat the bird/lantern image. I printed a second copy of the bird/lantern which I fussy cut and trimmed out the glass area of the lantern. I then used Distress Oxide inks to mimic the original color of the glass. 

THEN I added lights!! Which you can see lit in the photo below.  To finish it off I added lots of glitter and faux snow.


and


My final project I have to share today is the Steampunk Challenge and this lovely image of a steampunk maiden with a hat full of flowers. I decided to run with that theme and matted her on copper metallic paper onto a vintage BINGO card and then I added lots and lots of paper flowers with a few mini gears tucked here and there.  I just love how she turned out so she's going up on my wall of art.

I hope you've enjoyed this bit of art and have a lovely week to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!