Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Tuesday Morning Sketch #416

I've been in a bit of a slump lately...so I decided today just to choose a random sketch challenge that I've never participated in before and go for it.  Well you know what - it worked!!  I found the sketch below at Tuesday Morning Sketch blog and I WAS inspired and it did get me excited.

Here's what I made....


and here's the inspiration sketch...



I took a bit of liberty with how the "tails" are positioned to make them fit with my sentiment but I love how it turned out.  And yes, I do resemble the sentiment so it made me even happier!  LOL!!

Supplies:

Club Scrap - Lagoon Kit - Cardstock, pattern paper, stamps
Imagine - StazOn Black Ink
Kuretake Zig - Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Markers





10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Roni, you did a fantastic job on this sketch. Just by coincidence I also used this sketch (but totally differnet stamps). I love how you used the mermaid tail. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love this card. I laughed out loud wit the sentiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Roni. Love that sentiment!!! Beautiful colouring of the image. I haven't got around to using this sketch yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. It is funny and awesome at the same time.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Roni! So glad playing with the sketch helped you out of your slump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Your sentiment made me LOL literally!! What a fun card! So glad you found us!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)August 18, 2017 at 3:56 PM

    Love the sentiment. Still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes being in a slump helps you find your mojo! Is this the glossy cardstock panel you mentioned in the artist team post on FB? Because the marker blending is on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Thank you. This is the project I used the Zig Markers on. It blends on this paper like a dream! That's what I expected them to blend like on everything but they don't. So happy with this paper. Love it!

      Delete
  9. This is a great card and I am so glad to hear our sketch helped your slump. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!