Saturday, April 20, 2019

Wedding Anniversary Invitation

This month Imagine invited it's design team to create wedding themed projects. Invitations are a big part of weddings so I figured many of us were going to share ideas for different invites.  Me being me, I decided to do something a bit different.  I made a mockup of an invitation for our 35th wedding anniversary!


Mauve and Grey were the colors for our wedding. I wanted to keep the grey and add white on white for an updated classy look. I went with Shimmer Stix, Shimmer Spritz (both in Frost) and heat embossing through out.  I just love the subtle shimmer of those hearts don't you (Pewter = grey heart; Frost = white heart)?



I made the invitation a tri fold, it's just easier to get all of the information on a card like this rather than a traditional open card. I used a pretty nested die to cut out the info which was edged with VersaFine Clair ink called Morning Mist. It's a lovely shade of grey.  


The panel you see on the flap is a full sheet made just like the upper portion of the front of the card (shown above), the only difference was that I used the Shimmer Stix for the front of the card since I wanted just a specific area to shimmer where I used the Shimmer Spritz on the inside panel because I wanted the entire panel colored.  Both were then stamped with VersaMark Ink, sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat to set. Don't you just love the look?  

Something else I wanted to point out is that you might not think the Shimmer Spritz would make much of a difference when talking about white on white but here you can see there is an actual color shift from the stark white of the cardstock to the softened white of the Shimmer Spritz Frost. Of course the embossing powder yields a creamy white.


And finally I mounted the rest of the details on a double mat which were both sprayed with Shimmer Spritz; Frost for the upper mat and Pewter for the bottom mat.  I really do wish I could send you all one so you could see for yourself the beauty of the Shimmer Spritz paired with the white on white embossing.  It's just so lovely and it would make a perfect wedding invitation in addition to my anniversary invite.

I hope this inspires all you brides, bridesmaids, mother of the bride, etc out there to consider hand crafting your own wedding pieces...it really makes for an extra special time of it. 

1 comment:

  1. That is one great invite! I like how it is a tri-fold! Happy Easter Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!