Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Barn in Newfoundland

Today I wanted to share a project I was working on over this past weekend...

Mom and Dad bought a place up in Newfoundland and the barn below was on the property when they moved in.  It had seen better days and they decided to tear it down (before it fell down). Mom really liked it and so she asked me to paint a picture of it for her to have at their home here in Indiana.

Mind you this is only the 2nd oil painting I've ever made but I'm very happy with how it turned out.


I took a bit of creative license leaving out several of the repairs to the barn as well as other surrounding objects to really help make the barn the focus.


What do you think?


7 comments:

  1. OMG Roni! That is so awesome. Your Mother is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. That's a super momento.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really captured the essence of that barn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really does not look like only a second effort at oils. Your talent shines all over that wonderful piece and Mom will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni, what a beautiful rendering of your Mom’s barn! She is going to treasure your painting. In addition to all of your skills, we now must add master painter in the medium of oils.

    Roni, you never cease to amaze me. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!