Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Club Scrap Cobblestone Cards

Hello Friends...

I was recently asked to be the guest designer at Club Scrap using their Cobblestone Card Kit!  


Each kit comes with materials to make 12+ cards. There are 3 sets of 4 cards which they provide instructions for making the basic cards...as a guest designer we can kick it up a notch or two and do our own thing.  This is what I came up with...



My first card was made using the flip open design that was designed in the kit - I used the stamps and stone stencil for the front and one button instead of two.


The second card was made in the same format but I left off the buttons and turned it on it's side.


My next card was a Z on it's side fold with a little metal leaf charm tucked inside.



I decided to incorporate a flip panel on the get well soon card.
Don't you just love the Cut-A-Parts included in the kit?


The next set of cards were Double Z folds which I decided to spice up a bit...


I wanted to use some embellishments from past kits. I found this lovely canvas tag that took stamping very well using VersaFine Clair Verdant ink. Inside I used a grey envelope and tucked another tag inside.  The stone in the corners was made using the stone stencil and Bronze Creative Medium...gives a wonderful texture and a lovely metallic glow.



I went all out with the stamping on the second Double Z card...  I stamped all sorts of goodies on the grey panel and added a corrugated tag and fancy medallion with a bit of deep blue ribbon to accent the grey.



The next two cards are quite a departure from the Double Z. 
I wanted to keep with the double theme here but made the two panels open opposite of each other.


With a nifty message inside.



I know...this looks nothing at all like the Double Z. I actually used the cream card from the Z to create the brick wall.  It was colored initially with a variety of Brusho Color Crystals then I ran it through a brick embossing folder. I added a few inks on top here and there to create a more realistic look.  A few gold threads and die-cut ivy and you've got yourself a pretty cool looking card.



The final set of cards were new to me...Brick Cards - they actually looked like bricks when they are stood up!  I made the first 2 cards following the directions but with lots more stamping added and a mix and match approach to the Cut-A-Parts.  I also again added embellishments from my stash.


See - a stand up brick...pretty cool huh?



This one was stamped and die-cuts added...



Again for the final 2 cards I veered away from the instructions and did my own thing.
These two cards were what I initially envisioned for the cards...vintage southern charm. I actually made the final two cards with New Orleans in mind.  

The first is a shaker card with the front of a vintage brick home in mind....side walk, stone work, ivy, the whole nine yards.



And this to me is a night on the town.
Stamping, watercolor, and glitter...all rolled into one.


I hope you've enjoyed my version of the Cobblestone Card Kit and find inspiration here and there for your own cards.

Supplies:

Club Scrap - Cobblestone Card Kit & Stamps; Embellishments, Fibers, Tags, etc.
Imagine Crafts - VersaFine Clair Inks, On Point Glue; Tear It! Tape
Sizzix - Die-cuts
Gold Thread
Marabu Aqua Inks
Extra Fine Glitter
Sequins


4 comments:

  1. Love that last card, so pretty, that twilight background... I may have to borrow this idea for a tag. ;) Thanks for sharing your talents with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Roni. Love all the stamping and mixed media on each one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, you did a fabulous job kicking it up a notch, or two, or three! They are all great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!