Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Artsy Call Out....

Hello my artsy friends!
I hope you're all doing well.

I have a favor to ask...but first let me explain a bit about the situation.

My 3 year old grandson has the brittle bone disease osteogenesis imperfecta. This is a life long disease with no cure. Up until now he's been fine but he took a spill this past weekend when he slipped on a patch of ice and broke his leg.  Let me tell you I freaked out a bit when I found out but that's a whole other story.  Anyway, Monday he went and had a full leg cast put on which he has to be in it for 6-8 weeks :(   Way no fun for a toddler let me tell you.  The first day he did o.k....you know just kickin' back watching tv....  Well that's no fun anymore and he's done with just sittin' around.

Since he's so little there's not many things to keep him occupied for long periods of time because he likes to go and do.  He was always on the go so I've been trying to think of things that he might enjoy.  I happen to think he might enjoy opening happy mail...I mean don't we all. 

So this is where my favor comes in....

Would like to help cheer up a little boy who's in for a long haul? Since we all love to make cards I was hoping that maybe some of you might like to send him a bright fun card suitable for a toddler.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy or over the top....just a simple card to make him smile.  His name is Cole and his favorite color is blue and he loves all sorts of animals but cat's and dog's most.  I'm hoping that this might be a fun activity (opening the cards together) that he might enjoy and even look forward to.

If you'd like to send a card, please e-mail me (roni j j (at) g mail (dot) com) and I'll give you my addy. (I don't feel comfortable giving out my son's address)  I will gather then and take some over for him to open up from time to time to break up the monotony of being an un-willing couch potato.

Thanks to you all for listening and helping if you can.

4 comments:

  1. Roni, Send ma your address. I'll get some mail to Cole.

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. card going to Cole Roni, I have your addy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me be a part of this! I will be looking for your address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have your address also will make a card for Cole and send!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!