Sunday, September 9, 2018

Mermaid Comp Book

Hello Friends...long time I know. 
(more on that near the end)

I wanted to share a fun comp book that I made using supplies from Rinea and Rita Barakat...


Mermaid Hair!!!

I so want to do this to my hair at some point but for now I will live vicariously through this little lady.  I love the face stencils that Rita has to offer. They give people like me (that can't draw faces) a chance to play with designs like this one. Combine it with Rinea foiled papers and oh my...such fun to be had. I can think of so many fun ideas for this...a witch with green & purple hair, something for the 4th of July w/ RWB hair, a frosty princess for winter. Just think of the fun!


Each piece of the stencil was drawn out onto various colors of the foiled paper and paper pieced to create the finished look. I went back over the entire design with an alcohol marker to add definition and details.  Aside from her hair I especially love her eyes....

What do you think? Fun huh?

For complete assembly and supply list please check out my post over on the Rinea Blog - 




Life has been rough lately so I took some unexpected time off. We found out our Basset Hound - Cecil had a very aggressive, fast growing cancer and there was nothing we could do for him other than manage his pain. We were lucky enough to have a little over a week with him to try to get used to the idea and say goodbye.  Of course there is never enough time but you take what you can get.  I'm sure you can understand that I've not been in much of a crafty frame of mind but time is a salve even if it doesn't make the hurt go away.  Anyway, things are slowly getting back to the new normal...  

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of Cecil. Its so difficult to loose fur babies too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!