Thursday, August 30, 2018

Vintage Rose Mixed Media Card


Today I have a mixed media card I made using a bit of this and a bit of that for a lovely vintage feel.

I started off by stamping the gothic stone case window onto a piece of white cardstock.

I then applied DecoArt Modeling Paste through the stencil over the lower left and upper right quarters of the card panel; carefully removed the stencil and let it dry. 

The upper left and lower right quadrants were coated with a layer of  DecoArt Media Crackle Paste.

Once the paste had dried and crackled I applied a layer of watercolor to the "stone".

The Roses image was stamped several times, colored, fussy cut and paper pieced back together then affixed around the window.

The panel was them mounted onto a black card base.

This is the final day to enter the Hard as Stone challenge on the LCS/CV Blog!


Supplies:

Lost Coast Designs - Door & Window Set; Roses 


Media Modeling Paste


Media Crackle Paste

Prima Confections Watercolor
Imagine - VersaFine Clair, Memento Dye Inks, Memento Dual Tip Markers, Sponge Dauber 

2 comments:

  1. Roni this card is so gorgeous! Love all the texture. I have always been afraid to try paste through a stencil. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!