Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Lagoon Club Scrap Blog Hop

Welcome friends to the Lagoon Club Scrap Blog Hop!! This is probably going to be one of my favorite kits for a long time...why??  Because this was one of my suggested themes...Mermaids!!  I love mermaids and there are so many cool images and fun phrases included in this kit, it's just the best.  I am so excited to share what I've made today I'll get right to it....


I made a mermaid pocket letter!! I wanted to include so many different elements into a project I figured this was the best way to do so.  This is the first time I've made any "sticky out parts" on a pocket letter but the mermaid tails and seahorses were too cool to confine to the 2.5x3.5" area. 


Lots of cool sentiments and phrases but there is one I couldn't fit onto this PL but I was able to use on a card earlier this month...about thighs touching being closer to a mermaid...too funny!


I've had that fun little octopus die in my collection for a while now and he's just too stinkin' cute not to include.


I had fun with the dark blue printed star fish paper...I knew I wanted dimension so I pulled out my ocean colored Dew Drops and some gemstones to embellish those prints.


I wanted to be sure to show the ATC that is hiding behind the larger mermaid tail.  It as well as a couple other ATC's in this letter have real tiny shells on them.

I hope you've enjoyed my Mermaid Pocket letter...

For more inspiration check out the next stop on the hop...


and the complete list of artists can be found  here:


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:

Club Scrap - Lagoon Kit - Stamps, Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Embellishments, Ribbon, Twine
Imagine - StazOn Inks
Stash - Vellum, Shells, Netting, Dew Drops, Glitter


19 comments:

  1. Thanks Roni - love the colors and the "sticky out things". I really have to try making one of these pocket letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ooh, wow! Roni, what a super awesome pocket letter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Roni - This may just inspire me to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this set of pockets! Love the tails. So pretty! What did you use to do the tail with? And who makes the octopus die?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad we ran with this theme. I think it's one of my favorites, as well! Fabulous pocket letter. Love all of the wonderful details. And that octopus die is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made a pocket page, you make this look like fun! I love making ATC's when I get a little intimidated with a new technique. They are a fun tiny canvas to practice on. You used them to showcase all the fabulous elements in the kit! This is a dazzling array of mermaid goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how SWEET! Love how you did your pocket letter, so darling! LOVE it!!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. All the colors and shapes are so fun. PL themes are hard for me. Thanks once again for sharing your talented ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, most awesome pocket letter ever! All the details are wonderful. How you cut around the mermaid tails is wonderful along with all the other details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Kay said...Most Awesome Pocket Letter EVAH! Love the "stick outs" and that octopus is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Pocket letter Roni, when are you going to do another Swap?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just fabulous, Roni! And that bow on the mermaid tail makes me laugh everytime I look at it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roni, this is my favorite project. I love mermaids also and this was done with creativity and expertise. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roni!!! WOW this is such a perfect example of how fun and unique Pocket Letters can be! Your first attempt at the "sticky out parts" ended up awesome!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Pocket letters! Mermaids was a fabulous suggestion as I just adore this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You knocked it out of the ocean :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing pocket letter! Those ATC's are so great! Love how parts go past the edge! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!