Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring!

I hope you all are enjoying the first day of Spring (for those of you living in the northern hemisphere).  I think I have finally turned the corner on this darn flu!!  I feel pretty good and I'm not even doped up on meds so I take that as a good sign. I finally got to do some dishes and laundry so I feel better about that and I've opened up the house to get rid of all the stale "sick" air and maybe at least some of the smell of Vicks ;)  LOL!!

Today I have a little card I made for St. Pat's but it certainly helps welcome in Spring as well....


This was an experimental card and I am so thrilled with how it turned out.  I applied a layer of Gold Creative Medium over the celtic knot stencil (Club Scrap).  I sprinkled gold and verdigris embossing powders over the wet CM and then began to melt the powders with a heat tool.  I wish you could feel it, it has got an amazing texture and dimension.  Just think of all the fun combinations you could create by varying the colors of Creative Medium and embossing powders.  When I feel a bit better I'm going to do some more experimenting but for now...hope you all have a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!