Hello All! I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday so far. At the moment it's not raining which is pretty good seeing how it has been for days so I'd say that's a pretty good start to the day.
Today I have a project that I'm excited to share with you...I'm sure it was either a pinterest or class fail. Why might that be? Well, it is a photo frame that the back cover (where you insert the photo) was glued over with a piece of paper... I'm sure when the frame was finished they figured it which is probably why it was in the garage sale for .50 cents!
So, first let me show you how the frame turned out....
This was a project that was just meant to be... Imagine Crafts and BoBunny's design teams are participating in a joint blog hop this week. I wasn't sure which papers I was going to be working with so it was a total surprise when I opened the box. I am so in love with these papers... It is BoBunny's Soiree line and they have a soft, vintage romantic feel to them. So very much my style - I really had loads of fun creating with them.
I found the frame at our town wide garage sale on Friday, the papers arrived in the mail on Saturday afternoon and I knew they would pair together perfectly together so by Sunday afternoon everything had fallen into place. Like I said, it was just meant to be.
Here's how I transformed it...
Here's what the frame basically looked like when I bought it...the paper wasn't torn and this was after I removed the glued on backing but you get the general idea. It was ugly! As I mentioned above it must have been something they either saw on pinterest or in a craft store and just decided to give it a try without much knowledge on how to actually finish it. The glass was glued into the frame, then the paper was glued down on the from (directly to the glass) and more pattern paper was glued over the back of the frame making it impossible to insert a photo?!?!? Sooo....
I took the frame completely apart, removed and cleaned the glass, then I tore off all the heavily glued papers. Whew, looks better already!
Next I set about covering the frame in a lovely piece of BoBunny paper which was glued down using the original clear Creative Medium.
Next I cut and "X" in the window...
And glued the paper down properly to the back of the frame.
I wanted to add a bit of texture to the frame so I started off by applying a bit of the Pink Iridescent Creative Medium through a stencil.
While the CM was drying I applied Spiced Chai Staz On and Dark Chocolate Delicata inks to the outside edge and frame window using a sponge dauber.
Once the CM was dry I stamped a bit of text here and there using London Fog.
Finally I added more texture using Wedding Dress (white) and Bronze irRESISTible Texture Sprays.
Next I began playing with various sizes and shapes of the BoBunny papers until I found a composition I liked. I edged all of the papers with Dark Chocolate Delicata (LOVE the soft shimmer of this ink!).
And everything was glued down using TearIt! Tape or double stick foam tape. In addition to the sheets of BoBunny paper I cut out several elements from some of the papers including buttons, the flowers and key, sewing machine as well as the saying and frame. I added a paper doily and a couple crochet circles (also bought at the garage sales), and a scrap of corrugated cardboard that I swiped with my White Delicata ink to finish off the design!
And this is how it turned out!
A close up...
and another angle to show off the dimension.
I am so happy with how it turned out and feel very lucky that everything meshed together so nicely! Thanks to BoBunny for providing the lovely Soiree paper collection.
BoBunny Soiree - Exquisite, Splendid, Boutique, Wonderful, Tranquil, Stripe, Home, Delight
Imagine Crafts - Creative Medium - Original Clear, Pink Iridescent; StazOn - Spiced Chai; Delicata - Dark Brown, White; irRESISTible Texture Medium - Wedding Dress, Bronze; Tear-It Tape; Palette Knife; Sponge Dauber
Other - Upcycled Frame; Paper Doily; Cardboard scrap; Crochet Circles; Double Stick Foam Tape