Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Always Playing with Paper Challenge

Last night while I was messing around on the internet I stumbled upon a new challenge blog - Always Playing with Paper.  I was tickled to see what their current challenge photo was...a Farmall tractor with a masculine theme.  The guys have several so I didn't see how I could possibly pass it up!
Here is what I created for the challenge....


This is a stamp from an Unity set called Farm Fresh.  I couldn't resist it when I bought it and I knew it would be perfect for this challenge!  I did a bit of stamped paper piecing and stamped the design directly on the card, on a bit of yellow pattern paper (for the sun) and white pattern paper (for the tractor).  The white background was created with a piece of scrap paper, a sponge dauber and Memento Dandelion ink.  I just marked a center point and rotated the paper around inking off the edge as I went.  Finally, each element was then layered onto the card with a bit of green pattern paper for the ground.  Fun challenge!  I'm going to add something clever to the inside for my son's b-day.


Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - yellow cardstock
Unity Stamp Co - Farm Fresh
Imagine Crafts - Memento Ink - Dandelion, Tuxedo Black; Memento Markers; Sponge Dauber
Pattern Paper - unknown

3 comments:

  1. Well I think that was the perfect stamp :) and your card is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super sweet! A perfect take on the challenge photo! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!