Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tea and Arts Pocket Letter

Well this weekend I was playing around with pocket letters.  Today I wanted to share one that I finished up this morning...

I'm calling it Tea and Arts (you'll see why) and it was made with a certain person in mind.  I am hoping that she enjoys it - I guess we'll see.  What do you all think.....


Here is the front with all of the cards in each pocket...


I wanted to coordinate the backs of each card for a nice finished look...

(club scrap sentiment stamp)
Paper pieced

And here are all of the cards.....

(Club Scrap stamp)
Watercolor & Markers

(Stamps - JFF Rubber Stamps)
Memento Dye Ink Watercolor & Markers

(Club Scrap Stamps)
Watercolored, Marker on the teapot, Stickles Glitter Glue for sugar.

(Unity Stamps)
Memento Stamped images over Gelli Plate Print

(Deep Red Stamps)
Stamped & Watercolored with Memento Dye Inks


(Stampendous Stamp)
Watercolored

(Crafty Individuals Stamp)
Watercolored

(Stampendous sentiment stamp)
Pan Pastel free-hand heart & background.


I also wanted to talk about how I filled the pockets.  I've been reading lots about these and it seems that many people have had issues with keeping their goodies tucked in behind the cards.  Seems as though most people ended up having to use washi tape to hold the pockets closed in order to keep everything in place.

I tested it and yes goodies do slide out very easily once you fold the page up so I decided to do something a bit different.  I pulled out some small glassine envelopes and tucked my goodies into the envelope, fold it over and tucked it behind each card.  PROBLEM SOLVED!!!  My goodies stayed in place, no washi tape needed and you can still see what's behind each card.

So there you go...Tea & Arts Pocket Letter...
now I just have to wait to hear how it goes over!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Roni, how did you know I love drinking tea....this would be perfect for me. lol! I'm sure your friend will enjoy it!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I didn't but I do now ;)
      I hope she does...it was kind of hard to part with - LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I really like this concept and your ATCs are adorable! What a clever idea to use Stickles glitter glue for the sugar, so cute! Now my mind is churning thinking of different ideas; maybe a garden themed pocket letter that includes seeds for various flowers/plants. It's going to be hard keeping my mind focused on work today. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!