Friday, February 6, 2015

Watercolor Valentine's Day Owl

Today I felt like a bit of watercolor play.  I need a few more cards for Valentine's day so I thought this cute little owl would be perfect for my DIL to be.  She loves owls and this little guy was just perfect.

I stamped him with StazOn Black ink then painted him with my new Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils.  LOVE these pencils!!!  I got them last week right before I fell so I this was the first chance I've had to play with them and are they ever fun!    The name is fitting as they are VERY intense colors...I used just a tiny bit of color and was able to paint the whole image.  Amazing.  I will be sharing more about these pencils when I can sit in my room for longer periods to show you just how they differ from other pencils.


Here is a close up of the little guy...I used the Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to outline his face, legs & eyes to give him a bit of a dimensional feel without adding any extra layers.  I love the shine (as you can see in his eyes) from the Pico.


Supplies:

Owl Stamp - Unity
Sentiment - Avery Elle
Dies - XCut - Heart & Scallop Hearts
Ink - StazOn Black
Watercolor Pencils - InkTense
Niji Waterbrush
Papers - Club Scrap

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I did some Inktence colouring today! Great minds think alike...lol...I was just going to place mine on my Blog. I think your colouring is awesome! Love those Inktense Pencil's EH?...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute, love this red card for valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love this colorful little owl! I also love using the Inktense watercolor pencils with their rich colors! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. I'm an owl lover too. You did an amazing job watercolouring with the Inktense (I finally got around to using mine after buying them a year and a half ago). Your DIL to be will love it. I am also a fan of the layout with a piece of the heart cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The always loved by many crafters - owls! I can't ever get enough of them and, sadly, only have a couple of owl stamps but I do love them.
    This is a really beautiful card Roni. The colours are gorgeous and so rich and deep. And that layout is inspired - love the whole thing!
    I mean't to say earlier in the week that I really hope you are starting to feel much better and any discomfort/pain starts to ease soon. Hope you get some crafty time this weekend too. Big hugs and make sure you walk slowly and gently Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!