Monday, January 26, 2015

Washi Shaker Valentine's Day Card

Hi Everyone...I didn't have time to make the February calendar page today (it will be here tomorrow) but I did want to share a fun Valentine's Day card with you that combines lots of fun stuff....washi tape, shaker card, IMAGINE Crafts Amplify and more!

Here we go...

Cut a card panel to size then die-cut your desired shape from the center.


Take the cut out and trace it onto a scrap of paper.


Cover the traced design with various designs of washi tape.  I just found these this past weekend (which is why I was excited to make this card!).  


 You'll still be able to see the traced line very faintly...which is o.k. because we're going to use it as a guide for tape placement.   Cut strips of double stick tape and trace the outline of the heart.  Pour desired shakie stuff into the center of the outline.


Carefully remove the tape liner so you don't bump any of the shakies onto the sticky tape then cover with a piece of acetate - it could be from product packaging (which is what I used); a transparency; a piece of a page protector, etc.  Set it aside for now...


Stamp desired sentiment on the die-cut panel.  I used Memento markers to color my sentiment.


This is totally optional but it's a fun extra - outline the edge of the die-cut space with Electric Pink Radiant Neon Amplify!


Heat to puff the Amplify!.


And here's what it looks like....


Finish assembling the card by mounting the card panel over the shaker and attach it to a card blank and you're done!


If you've never made a shaker card I highly suggest you give it a try.
They are so much fun.

4 comments:

  1. Roni, I also just came across a mystery bundle of Washi tapes in perfect Valentine colors. I am going to have to give this card a try. It is so cute and I can imagine that after you complete the first card, you should be able to create several more in an assembly line. Roni, with you on call as our creative director, Hallmark has much to be afraid of when it comes to their profit margins!! LOL. Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making shaker cards for years and they never fail to amaze me. plus they are so much fun to play with....shake-shake-shake it! remember back when we used to make them with foam board and a craft knife!!! lots of cut fingers but now I use foam mounting tape...washi tape...fun foam...all much easier to cut or die cut.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great make Roni!! I love shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, I always love a shaker card. Thanks for taking us rough your process

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!