Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Vintage Christmas Cabinet Cards...

I don't know if you recall earlier this year I bought 3 very old "scrap" books from the 1800's.  Over the next few days I thought I'd share some of the Christmas cabinet cards in these books.  These images are all from around 1860's up to the 1890's.    I hope you enjoy them!


I thought this was very pretty but I'm not sure why they would have wild roses for a Christmas card....


I belive this one is from England - there was tiny writing in one corner.  Might be why the scenery is so pretty... and not snowy.  You can see where someone wrote 1881 in pencil along with some initials.  




3 comments:

  1. They are all pretty but the first card is my favourite!
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite one too Helena. There is even a better one to come ;)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful Roni!! I was wondering when you would get around to sharing!! heehee ")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!