Wednesday, December 3, 2014

UpCycled Christmas Ornament

If you've been visiting the blog for long you know that I'm a pack rat and love to breath new life into items destine for the trash bin.  The popular term now is UpCycled but hey, to me it goes back to the old saying one man's trash is another mans (or womens) treasure ;)  

In this case my trash to treasure is a Laughing Cow Cheese Box!  You know those things are just too cool to toss.  I have a stack of them just waiting for new life and I'm going to use several of them this Christmas for our kids (our boys and their girlfriends).  I am turning them into ornaments that I will hang on our tree but there will also be a fun gift card hidden inside.  I think I'm going to put a different card in each box and let them choose their own surprise card.

Here's what the first one looks like....


The instructions for making this box can be found on the Altered Pages blog today :)


Supplies:





JFF Stamps: Tree LineHolly SwagWishing You (sentiment)



Other: Laughing Cow Cheese Box; DecoArt Paint; IMAGINE Crafts Pico Embellisher; Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray, Memento Markers; Die Cuts



Have a wonderful Day!!

9 comments:

  1. I saw these at Unruly Paperarts...they are adorable....great recycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet! Thanks for sharing at Unruly PaperArts! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need DH to get some of this cheese when he shops next! Fabulous up-cycling! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to use a Laughing Cow cheese box! This is a great idea beautifully created! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful ornament Roni, great upcycling and I love the idea of it housing a gift card! Thanks so much for partying with us again today! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ornament, Roni. Love how you transformed that simple cheese box into something so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Love cheese. Love your box. So fun seeing these inspirations on UPA! Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed by these! You would never think they were cardboard LC boxes! They look BEAUTIFUL!!! Talent personified!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant find the tutorial for these laughing cow boxes! Can you send me a link pkease?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!