Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sugar Coated Ornament

By now you know how much I like glitter...there's just somethin' about that sparkle that catches my eye every time.  Today's project is all about the bling with a vintage twist!  I started off with a paper mache ornament.


which I painted with a coat of DecoArt Americana White acrylic paint.  I then painted every other section with Metallic Red paint.


Here you can see it turned out pretty bright....


But I added a layer of Doodlebugs Sugar Coating Chunky Glitter to the entire ornament


and left it to dry. 


But I wanted something with a bit more of a vintage feel to it so I applied some black Pico Embellisher to the edges of each panel which feathered out in, under and around the glitter.  Then I gave it a few spritzes of Bronze irRESISTible Texture Spray which really gave it a vintage look not to mention a different kind of shimmer.



I topped it off with a few hand cut holly leaves that I added veins to using my green Wink of Stella pen.  A few vintage mini balls and gingham ribbon...and it's done!


I really like the finished look and can't wait to hang it on my tree :)

have you stopped by to check out all the wonderful projects?
You really should...so many beautiful projects to inspire!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Roni brilliant piece so cleverly created

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your design! Gorgeous sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornament Roni! Bet it really sparkles, wonderful for this time (or anytime) of the year:)
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Roni. I agree, the Bronze spray really gave it more of that vintage feel we all love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous ornament! nice bling too... happy 12 days of christnmas at UPA! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great ornament - love the glitter & sparkle! Visiting from the Unruly Paperarts Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- cool Roni!! love that glitter and shimmer!! Cool ornie shape too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous ornament, love that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Roni, it would appear that once again Blogger is losing my comments as I left one earlier! I am really loving the versatility of that Pico Embellisher too....will have to see if anyone here down under sells them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so gorgeous Roni! It has a real vintage vibe - I am going to see if we can get those baubles in the UK so I can do something similar for next Christmas. Also got to check out the Pico Embellisher and texture sprays! Thanks for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!