Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kitty Christmas!

Today I wanted to share my Christmas Kitties Gothic Arch...


The arch it's self was covered with a layer of DecoArts Mixed Media Crackle Paste.  I smeared it around the entire outside edge of the arch then pressed the pattern paper into the paste while it was still wet.   I let the paste dry then I applied a layer of DecoArts Mixed Media Raw Umber Antiquing Cream.  The fun stuff about the crackle paste is that you can flake it off here and there to give your piece a really vintage feel.  I LOVE it!  I used a damp cloth to smear the antiquing cream around which gave me a blotchy look on the crackle paste.  It looks just like what you'd find on very old painted surfaces which I love!


I added some fun extras like the collage image from Altered Pages, some glitter here and there along with the nifty stamped bell (JFF Stamps) image which was colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and the Pico Embellisher.


JFF Rubber Stamps: Bells & HollySentiments UM Sheet #1


Other Supplies: DecoArt Crackle Medium, Antiquing Cream; IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Pico Embellisher; Markers; White Gel Pen



6 comments:

  1. Simply brilliant Roni

    Have a wonderful Holiday Season and a Healthy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say kitties? I am a cat fanatic so I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, funny.
    Have a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet Roni!!
    Don't you just love! that crackle paste?! Love how you added the antiquing- great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)December 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM

    The cards are nice, but your nails take the cake...Simple, beautiful and very festive. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture and color Roni! So gorgeous! Happy Holidays!~kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!