Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Page Poinsettia



Today I wanted to share a fun project I've had planned for a while - a book page poinsettia!  I got this idea several months ago when I saw a circle posy card someone had made last summer (the posy was 3 sizes of circles stacked).  I figured you could make any flower using this basic concept so it being Christmas time a poinsettia it is!

The original idea took just a few basic supplies....book pages; permanent pen; a color medium; scissors and a dab of glue.  I decided I wanted to add a bit more to my flowers so I also used irRESISTible Texture Spray in Dandelion, Pico Embellisher in Tuxedo Black and Shimmer Goosebumps.


Here's what I did....

I started off by drawing some basic petal shapes on a few of the book pages.  I drew two 4 petal flowers and then I drew several larger single petals that would work both for flower petals and leaves.


Next I painted everything with my Koi watercolor paints....


You could stop at this point but I wanted to give my flower a bit more dimension so I outlined each petal and added veining using my black Pico Embellisher.  


After it had a chance to dry I cut everything out and layered it onto the card as shown...


I finished off the card with a few die-cuts, some stamping and 3 little dots of the Pico Embellisher!  Fun huh?  See what I mean about making virtually any flower this way?  I'm thinkin' mums, lilacs, shoot even tulips would be cool!  I'm definitely going to be playin with this idea again in the future.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far...
Stay Inky my Friends!


9 comments:

  1. This flower is gorgeous. I is much prettier than any stamp I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Love all your makes Roni!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très bonne idée que de se servir d'une page pour cette jolie fleur. Je ne connais pas le Pico embellisseur et sa pointe fine qui permet ce relief si discret ! merci pour ce partage, vais essayer de trouver ce stylo en France !

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! now I see! Love those Poinsettias and yes, Mums would be beautiful also!!
    And now I have to get meself a Pico!! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Roni this is stunning, the Pico makes this beautiful poinsettia shine and I love the wonderful design and colors of this card. Thanks again for being an avid party goer this month at Unruly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cor - love it! Fabulous creation and more goodies I need to buy! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!