Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PanPastel - The Kiss Canvas

I was again inspired by the Reader Art Request over at Unruly Paper Arts...  This month the theme is "The Dark of Night" and check out the inspiration photo & colors....


Be still my heart...look at the lovely blues!!!!  Now how could I not make something for this challenge.   Since my PanPastels have been sitting on my desk begging to be played with I decided to pull out the matching colors and begin to play.  I was very inspired by the photo and had something in mind immediately.  I was so into the project that I totally forgot to take photos in the process.

Here is what the canvas looked like with the first layer of PanPastels - I used various blues, grey, black and the Fine Black and White sparklie pastels.  I then sprayed a layer of hairspray over the entire canvas to seal this initial layer of pastel.


Next I stamped several tree images with embossing ink and sprinkled on black embossing powder.  I heated to melt.  Once it had cooled I "painted" embossing ink along the edge of the lake, near the woods on the hill, in the lake and around the edges.  After those areas were embossed with the black E.P. I added more shadows and highlights to the trees, clouds, lake and the kissing couple.  One final layer of hairspray and I'm calling it done!


There you have it...my rendition of The Dark of Night!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Roni!!!! I don't have any pan pastels and have wanted to get some for quite a while... I actually told myself that is what I was going to buy myself for Christmas this year... lol... but I am intimidated by them... you did a wonderful job... I love the kissing couple ... thanks for playing with us here at Unruly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful inspired card! I love your scene Roni! All you need now,is that harvest moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a richly colored beautiful piece. you really work those pan pastels! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. You've really taken brilliantly to the Dark of Night challenge and created an exquisite little work of art with your Pan Pastels! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!