Friday, September 26, 2014

APC - Week 3 - 2nd card

Back with my second card from Week 3's (last week) challenge.  The second card was a Fall card which I was so excited about.  Autumn is my favorite time of the year...it's crisp and cool and the trees are lovely...just spectacular.


So, I set about making this card.  I used gesso as in the example and I made some fun frosting texture just for fun.  


After it was dry I used some PanPastels to color the entire card blending with each new color I added.


Here's what it looked like after I added the first layer of color.


I wanted to highlight the texture in the gesso so I applied a layer of Copper Metallic PanPastel which really made it pop (irl).  It's a bit hard to see in the photo but the metallic copper has a lovely shimmer to it.  You know I love my sparkle ;)


I stamped my oak leaf on both the card and scrap paper.  I trimmed the one stamped on the scrap as it will be my mask in the next step.


I stamped this great "trees" background stamp over the entire card with a light brown ink.  I LOVE how it turned out against the PP background.


To finish it off I stamped the word Autumn and added chocolate brown to the edges!  

Stamps: Leaf & Tree Background - Just For Fun Rubber Stamps; Letters - Unknown

Here are both of my week 3 cards together...


I'll be working on Week 4 cards over the weekend and share them Monday...
Then I'll be caught up again :)

Hope you have a weekend filled with art...
and if not, maybe you can sneak in a bit of ink or paint somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece Roni! crisp autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is always amazing and the colors and texture on these is beautiful. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!