Thursday, June 5, 2014

More Fun with GlazOn Layer Protectant

I wanted to share a couple more examples on how to use the GlazOn from IMAGINE Crafts / Tsukineko.   The first example was made using the Clear GlazOn.

I started off by stamping these cherries using Cactus Green and St. Valentine StazOn Midi.  And just as yesterday I let the inks dry and applied a layer of the Clear GlazOn over the top.


Once it was dry I began layering colors.  First I colored the cherries using a few different colors of Spectrum Noir Marker, applied a layer of GlazOn then colored the background and another layer of GlazOn.


Next I added some shadow using a grey marker, a layer of GlazOn then finally I added some detail lines in black just for a bit more definition and the last layer of GlazOn.  Here's how it turned out...  It's really amazing the depth you can achieve when using the GlazOn.  


The second example I'd like to share is one I'm very excited about.  You can take aluminum and turn it into a pretty convincing copper color!

To help show the depth I decided to emboss this Sheet Metal charm.



I covered it with a layer of the Orange Zest StazOn Midi.


Then I covered it with 2 layers of Vintage GlazOn.  The slight tan tint of the Vintage GlazOn really helps tone down the bright orange on the aluminum.


After the initial two layers were dry, I added some highlights using Cloudy Sky StazOn and a final layer of Vintage GlazOn.  You can see how it changes the color from bright orange to a warmer copper.  I just love it!


I know there is also a Matte GlazOn but I don't have any of that (yet) to share with you but maybe in the near future ;)

9 comments:

  1. Love the copper! Now I need the Vintage Glaz-On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Lord woman don't you ever sleep? 2:32 in the A.M.... I feel like such a slacker - LOL!!

      Delete
  2. What is the surfeace you used for the cherries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it a domino used for the cherries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a domino I used for the cherries example. I'm going to turn it into a charm as soon as I ink up the sides and add a bail on it.

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful....my shopping list is growing.....thanks for the great info on glaz-on:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a product I need to own especially as it can be used over Spectrum Noir as well. Can you please tell me if these Stazon Midis are the same as the original Stazon pads, just smaller? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The StazOn Midis come in 12 colors in a smaller pad - (1.5" square). 3 of the colors are from the existing line and there are 9 new colors. HTH :)

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!