Well you know until you break in a new art supply it will just be calling your name constantly till you do so I did - LOL!! I wanted to play but knew I didn't have much time so I decided to make a quick book mark project. Yes, I am one of those people that still reads an actual printed, paper book ~ I hate it when I lay a bookmark aside and forget about it so I like to have extras.
Art Mail Day Book Mark
Dove Blender Pen
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear)
1. I started off by drawing a quickie flower on the strip of watercolor paper ~ the paper was a cut off from the art journal I made a couple weeks ago ~ It's the perfect size for book marks so I'm very pleased to be able to put it to use!
2. Next I painted the glazes on the flower using my waterbrush...the waterbrush thins the paint ever so slightly to allow for a bit of tonal blending.
Here's what my flower looks like so far....
3. I then scribbled on some oil pastels in the background. I used a Sky Blue & Blue.
4. I used the Dove blender pen to mix & move the oil pastels around the background... you can see how the blender pen erases the harsh lines and gives the background a smooth creamy look without changing the color of the pastels.
5. A bit more pen work, a touch of the Wink of Stella Glitter brush and it's done!! I wish the camera picked up the Wink of Stella and the shimmer from the Silks better...both are much more impressive in person.
There you have it...
a really fun, quick project to calm the
new art supply yearnings.