Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MY New (old) Tractor

LOL...Did that get your attention? 
Well, I am very excited about MY new tractor I got last weekend. 
It's a 1937 Allis-Chalmers Unstyled WC
It's not really new, it's very, VERY old...
March 26, 1937 to be exact (it's cast right into the motor).


I know it looks rough but it's in pretty good shape for as old as it is.  It needs tires and engine work which both are fairly easy to find/do.  The important (and expensive) stuff is all there...good radiator, sheet metal, etc. We bought it off of e-bay and dh & ds went to pick it up last Saturday.

I'm going to get bigger back tired and a different seat :)

Why do I need a tractor?  Well, honestly I don't but I had one of these tractors when we were first married 25+ years ago.  I LOVED that tractor and got to plow, disc, cultivate and rake hay with it but it was worn out and needed far too much work to be cost effective if we repaired it.  So at that time we sold it and that was the last tractor that was really mine.

Dh & the boys have all sorts of tractors for various jobs around the farm, much larger than this tractor, but once it's finished they say I could ted the hay (fluff it up) with it.  I don't care if all I do is drive it around for the heck of it, I'll finally have a tractor I can say is all mine again - doesn't take much to make me happy - LOL!!! 

Now comes the hard part...waiting for it to be all fixed up!

5 comments:

  1. She is lovely! Congratulations! (Nothing like a good old tractor to make you feel like the king of the world!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you fell in love with it! ope you get to ride it soon!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new tractor. She's a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get it fixed up soon. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool tractor! Why should the boys have all the cool toys! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!