25 Gifts & Ornaments
#4 - Double Felt Pine Cones!
Cut Felt Pine Cones in 2 shades of brown
Double Stick Tape
1. Cut the pine cones from two shades of brown felt.
2. Wrap the stirrer with double stick tape approx 2-3" up the stirrer.
3. Begin by adding the light color felt to the very tip of the stirrer. Now attach the darker felt approx. 1/8" - 1/4" staggered as shown. By staggering the colors you will be able to see both the dark and light petals up the cone.
4. Wrap both colors of felt around the stirrer - one at a time. Now what do I mean by that? Well, you will need to wrap the light felt one revolution around the stirrer until you meet the dark felt. Then wrap the dark felt one revolution around the stirrer until you meet the light felt.
Continue wrapping alternating colors of felt all the way up the stirrer.
5. Finish off the pine cone by adding a glue dot to secure the final dark petal to the pine cone.
Here is a second cone using a couple different colors of felt.
Pretty cool looking huh?
and here they are shown next to the #3 Suede Pine Cones...
You can of course add Stickles/Glitter
and/or use the same bundling w/wire technique shown in #3 instructions if desired.
Now in addition to felt you could use two colors of cardstock, pattern paper, suede/leather; fabric, etc. Keep in mind the thickness of the material used will determine how large the pine cones finish out at. Since felt is a bit bulkier than most other materials (with the exception of leather/suede) your finished pine cone most likely won't be as large as the felt cones.
Adds a whole new dimension to these little gems huh?