Wednesday, December 21, 2011

25 Gifts & Ornaments #23 - Sea Shell Winter Scene Ornament

Yes, I have a few shells left over from making my Sea Shell Wreath so I thought it would be fun to try and come up with an ornament using them.

25 Gifts & Ornaments
#23 - Sea Shell Winter Scene Ornament

012

Supplies:

Shell
Drill & Bit
Glass Glitter
Glue
Mini Embellishments of your choice
Wire Hanger

Instructions:

1. Drill a hole in the top of your shell.  Be sure to wear safety glasses when doing so, the drill can chuck little shell shards all over if you're not careful.

2. Fill the center of the shell with glue and spread it around so the entire inside of the shell is covered with glue.

014

3. Sprinkle the "sky" colored glitter in the upper portion of the shell.  Spread it around and shake out the excess.

015

4. Now sprinkle in the "snow" glitter, spread it around and shake off the excess.  Set aside to dry.

016

5. Now you can decorate the scene as desired.  I started off by taking the base off of a mini bottle brush tree and gluing it into the curve of the shell.
018

6. Next I glued in a couple mini deer (from Red Led Paperworks).

019

020


7.  I added a bit of holly & beads to finish it off.


023

And there you have another nifty little ornament for a sea shell!

9 comments:

  1. You come up with some of the neatest ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    This ornament is just so precious! You amaze me with your creativity. Thanks for sharing.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, do you lie awake at night thinking of projects? I wish I could dream up some of these wonderful ideas!! Thank you so much for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so awesome! :) Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So dang adorable!!! I have a whole jar of seashells I've picked up on my beach getaways! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome project, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!