Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mom Gothic Arch - Gothic Arch Patterns

Before we begin making our Gothic Arch Book you'll need to decide on a basic shape for your book.  This is the shape you will be using for each page of the book as well as the front and back covers. 

I have several Gothic arch patterns here on Ink Stains for you to choose from to help get you started.  Of course you don't have to use any of these patterns.  If you've got another idea in mind please feel free to use it.

The first set of arches ~ Gothic Arch Patterns - Set #1 ~  contains patterns for the following ~ Basic Gothic Arch, Fancy GA #1, Fancy GA #2, Home Sweet Home GA, and a Triptych GA. 

The second set of arches ~ Gothic Arch Patterns - Set #2 ~ contains pattern for ~ Narrow Arch, The Curve Arch, The Spires, Fancy GA #3, Fancy GA #4 and Fancy GA #5. 

When choosing your arch remember that you will be hand cutting multiples of the arch in thicker materials (chipboard, grungeboard, etc.).  You may want to steer clear of the more intricate designs ~ especially Fancy Arch #4 unless you like or are good with an Exacto Knife.  The tight corners are tricky with thicker materials.

All of the patterns are jpeg files ~ to use the pattern, save it to your computer; re-size to your personal preference and print it on a sheet of cardstock.  Trim it from the cardstock and use it as your template to trace onto the desired material you will be using for the base of your GA.

As far as the size goes that's totally up to you.  I like to make my arches down to a size where I can fit two on a sheet of 8.5x11" cardstock. 

So now it's time to pick!

Which arch will you be using?

If you're planning on playing along, let us know which arch you'll be using!

I have my choices narrowed down to either the basic arch or home sweet home.  I am leaning towards home sweet home since moms are all about family, home, the center of the family. 

What do you like?

11 comments:

  1. I like the basic arch, home sweet home arch, and the spires arch. It'll take me some time to decide! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the basic arch, plain and simple. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm game. I am going to use the spires arch. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roni... this is going to be a fun project... My choice is going to be the hone sweet home arch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm - just found your blog - just in time I guess *lol*
    This looks like a great project I think I might try it - if anyone can follow?
    Right now I am thinking of using the narrow gothic arch - nice and easy *lol*
    hugs
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with the basic arch. That's the one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm leaning towards the narrow arch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too think I will go with the basic arch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not knowing yet how this is all coming together...is it possible to make the outside covers of one Arch type and maybe some inside pages of another type? Referring to some other mini-albums, I've seen. This may be too ambitious..what do you think Roni?

    Either way, I think I'll start with one of the Fancy Arches..like Fancy Arch 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll try the Fancy GA #2. Ambitious, I know, but I love the shape. Hopefully, I won't be sorry. If I change my mind, I might try using a Tim Holtz die cut just to shape the top edge. I just have one of those right now, but I think it would be a neat one. I think it called 'brackets'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!