Friday, January 7, 2011

Just For Fun Friday - a Little Bit of Love

Do you realize that Valentine's Day will be here in just a little over a month!! 
It's time to pull out the stops and get to work on something for your sweetie(s)...

This week I decided to use a couple stamps that aren't normally associated with Valentine's Day to see what we can do with them.

The first card is a coffee lover's dream...literally!  It's a called Latte Love paired with a nifty coffee sentiment ~ I love you a latte!  I also used the little coffee bean stamp to create the background.

By using sticking to a fairly small color pallet (red, black & blue) and really accentuating the heart by embellishing it using Ranger's new White Enamel Accents it does give you that Valentine's day feel.

JFF 1-7-11 003

The second card I created was made using the Ready for Winter girl. Typically a Christmas/winter image I simply trimmed her sled away and paired it with a nifty little heart pattern paper and a Valentine's saying..."Be My Valentine".  

JFF 1-7-11 002

Now would be a great time to pick up any of these images because all of the images at Just For Fun stamps is 25% off until January 31st!!  Time to stock up while these amazing prices last!

Be sure to check out the Just For Fun blog to see what the rest of the Just For Fun girls have cooked up for you this week!


5 comments:

  1. Such sweet cards, Roni! I like what you did with the latte stamps - I don't drink coffee and never buy coffee-related stamps; but you have made something very cute from these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    These are just so sweet. Love the coffee card, so whimisical. I really love your second card though. Just perfect.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! I love that they're not all-too traditional style for the holiday.

    And, your enamelware cup is PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVe the Latte card and what a great idea to make the Winter sled girl image more versatile by using only part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love using non-traditional items to make holiday cards. Makes it so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!