Vintage Sheet Music, Book Pages, Dictionary Pages, Maps, etc.
Decoupage Medium of your choice
1. Tear your chosen ephemera into about 1" - 1.5" squares.
2. Pour a bit of decoupage medium into a bowl. Apply a layer of decoupage medium to the styrofoam ball.
3. Dip each piece of paper into the decoupage medium and place it on the styrofoam ball. Over lap the next piece to ensure an even and complete coverage of the ball. Smooth previously added pieces as needed.
NOTE: It works best if you keep your fingers wet with the decoupage medium...too dry and you will start pulling previously applied bits as you handle the ornament.
4. Once you have covered the ornament, set it aside to dry for 1-2 hours.
Now you could string the beads and hanging wire at this time but I wanted to take it one step further...
5 (optional) Sprinkle embossing powder on the ornament when it is mostly dry but slightly tacky to the touch.
6. (optional)Rub the embossing powder around on the ornament until it is covered and no longer sticky. Set it aside to dry the rest of the way. After it has dried several hours heat the embossing powder to melt.
7. Once the ornament is dry, poke a hole through the center of the ball.
8. Add desired beads, wire for hanging, trim and enjoy!!
Easy as that!
Now it's your turn to give it a try!