This is such a fun crafty ornament for everyone who enjoyed the Christmas memories of eating Ribbon Candy! Mmmm such a delightful treat only available ~ at least at our house ~ during the holidays!!
Well today we're going to make it into an ornament with just a few very basic supplies...
Mesh or Open-Weave Ribbon
Pearl Beads (or other) - 2 small and 7 large
Ribbon (For a bow)
1. Thread a small bead onto the wire and create a small knot so it is secure. I just wrap the wire around the tail a couple times and snip off the extra.
2. Slip the wire through the center of the ribbon about 1" from the end. Add a large bead.
3. Now fold the ribbon back over the wire leaving a .5" - 1" loop on the side you just came from... add another large bead.
4. Continue working the ribbon back and forth adding a bead to the wire at each turn.
5. When you have all 7 beads added thread the ribbon onto the wire for one last turn. Add the final small bead. Create a loop with the remaining wire and knot the wire to secure.
6. Add a ribbon to the top of the ornament to hide the knotted wire and you're all set!
You now have a yummy ornament to adorn your tree!
There are soooo many cool ribbons out on the market today...the options are just unlimited!
Now it's your turn to make some sweet memories for your own tree!