So here we go....
Cookie Cutter Ornaments
Vintage Cookie Cutters ~ the open type
Rubber Stamps or Collage Images
Double Stick Tape
1. Stamp desired images on cardstock and color. If you'd like to make these ornaments but don't have time to stamp and color the images you can always use collage images or photos.
(Stamp Credits: Doves - Inkadinkado; Santa - Hero Arts)
2. Place your cookie cutter over the image and trace around the outside edge. This gives you a basic alignment.
3. Trim the excess paper from your image.
4. Run a bead of glue around the outside edge of your trimmed image and place the cookie cutter in the glue. Set it aside to dry completely. Don't worry if there is paper showing around some of the edges, we'll trim that later.
5. After the glue has dried, use an exacto knife to remove any excess paper if desired.
6. Wrap a piece of double stick tape around the center of the cookie cutter.
7. Remove the liner and add the ribbon. Most of my ribbon was around 15" to start off with. I folded the ribbon in half; placed the center of the ribbon on the bottom of the ornament and worked my way to the top center one side at a time. I used my bone folder to help smooth the ribbon as I went.
8. When you join both ends of the ribbon at top center you can either knot or tie it in a bow.
9. Add a hanger and you're done!
Pretty cool huh?
I'm thinkin if I can find enough of these ornaments I may put up a tree in my kitchen ;)