Monday, June 7, 2010

June Get Inked Sneak Peek!!

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share a sneak peek at the stamps and goodies in this months Get Inked Kit! It was inspired by some requests by some Ink Stains Friends....Architecture!!!

I really love how the stamps turned out, they are the first using the new laser etch machine. The details are amazing ~ I just can't get over how clear it all looks.

Here are the 3 kit projects I created ~ each using the stamps and goodies in a variety of ways.

QKD - Get Inked - June 2010 007

My favorite stamp of the entire kit is the Barn roof blueprint. I love barns and we have a farm so I'm a bit bias ;) The other stamps (sky scraper (close up), sky scraper (at a distance), columns, stone arch & sentiments are cool as well if I do say so myself.

I wasn't sure how I was going to make architecture stamps with the kit goodies - Niji Pearlescent Watercolor Paints & Memories Pink Metallic Ink but once I got going they all worked so well together. I LOVE playing with watercolors...they are awesome. Depending on how much water you use they can be anywhere from transparent & sparklie to very thick and creamy. Awesome stuff!

QKD - Get Inked Extras

I'm not a pink girl but I'm very impressed with the Memories Metallic ink. It was very creamy and stamped so well, even on the watercolor paper I used on one of the cards. I was surprised how well the color even blended in perfectly with the watercolor inks.

I'd have to say this has been one of my favorite kits!

And I'd send you to the QKD store link for this kit but it looks like they are already sold out!!!! I can't believe it, it's so exciting :)

SOOOOOOO, since you're all such great Inky Friends and were the folks who suggested architecture ~ I have an extra set of the stamps (sorry but I don't have any of the extra goodies that came in the kit) to share with you!!!

To win just post a comment with stamp idea suggestion you'd like to see in the future.

You have until 6-15 to post your suggestion :)

Good Luck!!

BTW, I can't wait to share next months stamps....

they turned out so cool - imo ;)

A little hint...

they're a.... lolo!

tee hee hee...

any guesses?

21 comments:

  1. Love the metallic look! Your cards are gorgeous as ever. I'd love to some stamping with mediums other than ink pads or how to bling up a stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to win those stamps. They look fantastic. I have the paints and they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see a line of furniture stamps. Like the drawings that are in old Victorian catalogs. You know, like an etching. I can really see myself using chairs or a 4-poster bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to see a complete set of stamps that included old fashioned buttons and clothing (victorian era) I know there are probably some out there already-- i would like to see some though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that this month's kit was sold out the other day. Bummer, at least till you said you had a set to share. You're the best!

    I'd love to see some stamps of children's faces..up close vintage type. Maybe even of a couple of kids playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see anything and everything you can give us. THanks I love watercolors. thanks
    dawn IL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I just now came across your blog.... I'm so excited that I did find it!!!

    Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love this stamp line!!!

    I always say I wish there were more sports & rock star type stamps, lol!! I have two sons, 10 & 15. My youngest isn't happy unless he has some sort of sports ball in his hands & my oldest is the same with music, just starting a band, playing guitar & singing!

    Again, your cards are absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cards arent showing up for me but ...I will check again later...I would like stamps that look vintage ...u know the post cards you show us? stamps with those images...but...you have great taste..so I know you will select somthing for me to luv! lol ty cher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see some celestial themed stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Very nice. I would like to see vintage ball dresses and men's attire...great for prom or wedding cards, etc. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to see a line of birds stamps. Pretty metallic look!

    Regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see some stamps with vintage sewing themes..and stitching themed stamps cottons and needles ect ect and then also some cards tarot stamps ty for the chance hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love nature stamps and could alway use more. I go for the grunge look, and backgrounds I love backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would LOVE to learn more ways to use perfect pearls and metallic micas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm new to your blog and I am loving the architecture stamps! Especially the steeple/skyscraper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't go wrong with florals! Roses, violets and sweet peas are my favorites!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I am partial to architextural images so this set is to die for! Love how you worked with the pastels for a change...they came out beautiful (as usual!). Good to stretch sometimes, right?

    Something I would love to see some vintage/grungy borders, paired with medallions. Also borders that look like intricate fabric trims or lace would be cool! Would also love something in the line of images from vintage children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way your cards turned out. Who would have thought to mix pale colors with architecture stamps, but it really works.

    As for new stamped images I would love to see some vintage baby and children's stamps. I am expecting my first baby and that would be an awesome addition to cards and baby books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look great! I would love to be entered in the drawing, also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Any thing vintage or Victorian is great. Right now I seem to be collecting stamps that have a vintage sewing theme, and can always use more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stamps and love what has been created with them!
    I would love to see more architectural images.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!