Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Enamel Accents - Pt III - Faux Stain Glass

When I initially found out about the Enamel Accents I had two ideas immediately come to mind and this was one of them....

Faux Stain Glass

As I anticipated it worked perfectly!! It is a very quick and inexpensive alternative to traditional stain glass and boy does it look great when it's finished!

An added benefit is there is virtually no weight involved when using this method.

Enamel Accents - II 010

Supplies:

Black Enamel Accents - Ranger

Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Ranger

Acetate/Transparency

Stain Glass Pattern - Optional

Instructions:

1. Draw your chosen design with the Black Enamel Accents on to the acetate ~ direct from the bottle. For this example I just drew a free-hand design.

If you don't feel comfortable free-handing it there are all sorts of stain glass patterns on the web to choose from. Simply print the design onto regular office paper, place the design under your acetate sheet and trace the design with the Black EA.

Note: use a scrap piece of paper to establish the flow. When you initially squeeze the EA from the bottle it may burst a small bubble which will show up on your finished project.

2. Let the design dry completely.

3. After the EA has dried, fill in each little well using desired color of Alcohol Ink. Since the AI's dry almost immediately when you're finished adding color, you're set to go!

That is it!!!

Doesn't get much quicker or pain-free than that!

Enamel Accents - II

I also wanted to point out that after the EA has dried on the acetate it is VERY difficult to remove. I tried bending, peeling, scratching it with my fingernail and the EA wouldn't come off.

Actually, I had a very difficult time removing a bit of EA that I inadvertently got on the back side of my acetate...I ended up having to scrape it off using my exacto knife which should tell you just how well this technique works.

Love, love, love this technique!

Now, think about all the fun projects and gifts you could create using this technique!

What fun!!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice idea! I like stained glass and would love to incorporate it into my cardmaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    What a super idea! Love how your project came out too.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good Roni. I gotta try this. Love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super technique! And thanks for the tips on using this product. You are such a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) My kids would love this next year, think I will adapt this and use up some old transparencies I have at school! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love this technique! Recently bought alcohol inks and love finding uses for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!