Friday, May 7, 2010

Just For Fun Color Challenge #10

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're having a wonderful Friday!

Today I am proud to share with you my first entry as a Just For Fun Stamps Design Team Member!!

Each week they have a color challenge...you have to create a project using the 3 colors for that week.

This weeks colors were WAY cool...

inspired by Distress Inks!!!!

You know how much I love my Distress Inks so it's a perfect place to start!

JFFCC10

Here was the card I created....

JFF 5-7-10 005

Supplies:

JFF Stamps - Peony #G3192; Wildflowers #D2645; and text stamp (can't find the number right now...)

Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, and Broken China. - Ranger

Adirondack Pigment Pens - Rust & Meadow

Distress Stickles - Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool - Ranger

Paper - Bazzill Bling & White Cardstock

Other - Brads, Ribbon, Fiskars Scallop Scissors, Niji Waterbrush

Both background pieces were created using one of my favorite Distress Ink techniques - Spritz & Flick! There is a link to the full technique along the left under my Top 10 Favorite IBT Techniques but basically you cover your cardstock with Distress Inks, spritz some water in your hand and flick it over the inks. Let it set for a few seconds, dab away the excess water and let it dry.

JFF 5-7-10 010

The main image was watercolored using Distress Inks and my Niji Waterbrush. After it dried I added a few Distress Stickles.

JFF 5-7-10 009

Be sure to check out the other cool creations from the rest of the members of the JFF DT....







Roni Johnson
You are HERE! ;)



and

If you're up to the challenge this week,
create your own Color Challenge Card
and
post a link to your Color Challenge Card using
Mr. Linky on the JFF Blog.

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love the water colour effect...gotta' go try that out!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Roni, just love the colors, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the sponged background and the "stickled" flower.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the team! Love the stickled flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that big bold orange flower with the stickles! The backgrounds are awesome too! I just realized I've never officially become a follower and rectified that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course I am digging that orange

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the addition of the stickles!! AND I am soooo going to try the ink and flick technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The peony is my FAVORITE stamp and I love how you colored it! I never thought to darken the background!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roni - love how you've embraced the orange and love, love, love your background panels - isn't distressed ink the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Roni! The Stickles on it are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous colour combinations - so vibrant - love them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Roni! Love the stickles on the flower and how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous and I love the color combo! It's great to see you working with brights for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roni -

    This came out just lovely! And you used one of my favorite products, Stickles! LOL!!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!