Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Streuter GlueFoil Rose Examples

As promised, here are a few GlueFoil Rose examples.

All of the flowers in the example were created using the GlueFoil Rose Technique I shared yesterday. There is one small exception on the Mom tag...for the small flower I used one small flower die-cut. I cut two petals off, embossed, formed the main flower and used the 2 cut-off petals for the center.

Several people e-mailed asking about Streuter Technologies GlueFoil. It is a colored metal foil craft sheet with a heat activated glue on the back. It comes in a wide variety of metallic and colors. It can be die-cut, paper punched, dry embossed and so much more! It's lots of fun to play with and can be used in a multitude of ways. Here are a few more ideas on how to create with Streuter's GlueFoil and GlueFilm.

On to the examples....

MOM GlueFoil Rose Tag...

This was created using my Distressed Glue Technique (both the tag & torso). All stamps are Just For Fun.

GlueFoil Mom Tag 001

GlueFoil Mom Tag 002

Smaller Rose...

GlueFoil Mom Tag 003

Life Canvas...

In addition to the GlueFoil roses I also incorporated several other colors of GlueFoil into this design. The border along the left hand size was all cut with border punches and deco scissors. The letters "LIFE" were covered in blue GlueFoil and also frames the photo. The background was created by adhering the vintage sheet music to the canvas using clear GlueFilm and was then white washed.

Streuter - 2010 Winter CHA 001

Notice the amazing dimension you can achieve with the GlueFoil. It really adds so much depth and interest to the finished collage. I wish you could see it in person to get a feel for how cool these flowers really are.

Streuter - 2010 Winter CHA 001

Streuter - 2010 Winter CHA 003

Streuter - 2010 Winter CHA 004

Streuter - 2010 Winter CHA 002

So there you go...

NOW, do you like what you see?

If you do, be sure and let me know cause I'm going to be giving away a sample set of red and green GlueFoil

and possibly a few additional colors of GlueFoil depending on what I have left in my stash to one lucky reader!!

All you have to do is tell me what your favorite Streuter GlueFoil color is from the list on this page....GlueFoil Color Chart.

You have until May 3rd to post to be entered to win!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!

21 comments:

  1. Roni - The metallic pink is my favorite color as I LOVE pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really come to life when used like this , lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The metallic blue is my favorite... but it SURE was hard to decide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would like to have the aluminum or the copper or the stainless steel then I would use my alcohol inks to color it all kinds of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm torn between copper and red, but I'll go for red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh these look amazing Roni! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I definately love the copper x I just love new ideas like this x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need the stainless steel to work with my alcohol ink addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I could find lots of uses for the copper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! Red is my favorite color so I'll go with red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Roni!
    I like them all but if I had to pick I would choose the copper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can I pick a color when all are so pretty. Red, no blue, no green, oh shoot I guess I'll go with red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe I am influenced by the gorgeous roses on your post, but I am loving the metallic red!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! that is amazing ... you are amazing! I would of said copper, but now that I see your flower ... it has to be red!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the Metallic Black. I guess I am a dark person. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never come across glue foil before and I agree it adds a brilliant dimension - especially so to your life tag - what a fabulous idead

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is copper! Just can't get enough of that color!
    Your flowers are simply amazing, especially the one on the Life piece. I need to read through the post again to see how in the world you got that incredible effect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous colors, but I absolutely love the red!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had a hard time deciding, but I think the aluminum would be cool for a vintage look, so I'm going with that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the blue, with the red a close second..these are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet the colours are even better in person -- my favorite would be the copper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!