Friday, April 16, 2010

Decorative Napkin Swap?!?!?

I posted a new poll about the possibilities of a Decorative Napkin Swap.

If you've never worked with them before they are very cool for all sorts of different techniques. I love to use them paired with various mediums to create collages. Usually they are 20 napkins to a package for anywhere from $ .99 up to $10.00. Now I don't mind the lower range but once you've used 2-3 what are you going to do with the rest?!?! Normally I don't buy any because of that very thing.

Soooo, I thought maybe if there was enough interest some of you might like to trade so we could all have some fun designs to play with.

I am thinking it would be nice to have 10 people. That way each person would receive 2 of each design. I would like to limit the napkins to artsy or floral napkins....some examples would be ~ Lemons, blue flowers, exotic black, woodland, poppy, golden bird cage, eggs, paris, rose violet, butterflies, orchids, bird nest, shells, wine, little girl, script, table, etc.

I'd like to stay away from "cute", children themes and holidays for now.

What do you think?

Interested?

If you have any questions or thoughts please feel free to post or e-mail.

11 comments:

  1. I think this would be a GREAT idea - of course I'd need to shop for just the right napkins but who doesn't like shopping for crafty thing???

    Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would participate...great idea! Cher

    hilly77 at comcast dot net

    can this be due anytime but MAY? just too much going on in my life in May...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in on this!! I always hold off buying a whole package because I know I won't use them all in my artwork. This solves that problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to join a napkin swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive never seen these used in art...show me an example and Im sure Ill be in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be my first swap, I was just at the heritage show in Allentown.
    Susan Pickering-Rothamel was showing beautiful projects with napkins.
    I got the paint and the canvas cloth, now all I need is the napkins. Great timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to do this-- i miss swapping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roni I would love to do this! Like you, I've admired the napkins but not wanted to end up with a whole pack! A swap would be the perfect solution. I'll be watching for details - please count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to join in a napkin swap. I am interested in doing a couple of different things but I need a variety of napkins, a swap is an excellent way to get them. Thank you for thinking of this,
    Sammie Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sounds like a fun idear!! i think i'm number 10 (to post) too... so i'm in girlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog not that long ago, and have only lurked a bit but a napkin swap . . what a great idea !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!