Sunday, October 12, 2008

Random tid-bits....

Some of you might have noticed that I deleted the Twitter thing....I just cannot seem to get in the habit of posting to the darn thing ~ too busy doing things to post about what I'm doing I guess...anyway ~ it's history.

BTW, the Fat Book Swap is almost finished!! By the end of this month there will be 1,000 pages made, sorted and flying back to it's rightful owners!!! As soon as I get the photos taken I will start sharing them with everyone here. You will be wowed by all the awesome pages we all created :) I can't wait to share them with you!

I am going to be posting a poll sometime this week but you can answer now if you have an opinion. I bought a cool old typewriter at a garage sale ~ $10.00 if you can believe it!!!!! The keys aren't glass covered but they are old and with a layer of Glossy Accents or Glaze they will look the same. It is in great working condition I might add. Now, sets of keys like this go for anywhere from $35.00 - 65.00 PLUS shipping on E-Bay. WAY too rich for my pocketbook!

So, here is the ? ~ Do I cut the keys off and use them for altered projects OR do I leave the typewriter in tact and use it as a vintage typewriter? I am so torn...I hate to destroy a perfectly good typewriter but I sooooo want to have some keys to use on projects. I just don't know what to do! HELP! Your input might help sway me one way or the other. Any suggested alternatives to the Genuine Keys?

You'll notice if you haven't already that I'm not posting as early as I had been...I've got a big project that I'll be able to tell you about soon that is taking much of my daylight hours and in the coming months will be taking up much MUCH more.

Well, that, design team commitments, farm stuff, home stuff and every other little thing is eating away at my free/creative time daily.

I usually don't have time to make things ahead so everything I post is made that day, photos taken, edited (takes longer than you might think), then posted. I try to work on it through out the day but seems like at night after everyone has gone to bed is my most productive time.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and working on things....just later than normal.

I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend...I had loads of time to get caught up on things so I'm feeling good about where I'm at.

Take care everyone!!

G'night!

7 comments:

  1. well....I think you should take the keys off...I would love to have some too...how cool will it be to have a stash of them?!?!?! I say GO for it!!!
    Patti V

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too bought one to remove the keys. then I saw one for sale, for a mere $695.00. I then decided that my typewriter was way cooler than a set of keys. I purchased another really beat up typewriter to take the keys off of. So I say it depends on the condition of the typewriter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you do some journalling with the typewriter intact and then later on take off the keys when you've typed all you want to type?

    I hope that makes sense!! LOL!!

    Tight hugs, Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain.

    I would painstakingly explore every possible way to recreate the keys without destroying the typewriter.

    Then after several attempts at said (possibly taking months of self-torture), I would admit defeat and rip the sucker apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. geez do I wish you could edit comments. I forgot to add that I currently have ink stained fingers!

    Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the the typewriter intact if you like it & you have the room. I found typerwriter keys in a Michaels of all places and they were marked down to $5. I'm so sorry I don't have the company's name that packaged them. Maybe they are reproductions, but they don't look it. Donna S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since the typewriter is working I'd probably keep it & use to creat vintage-looking journaling.

    I'll bet that if you advertise that you want an old typewriter, working or not, you'll be able to find one. Try freecycle.org or if your community has one of those local radio shows "buy a dog, sell a hog" you might let them know you want a typewriter. Either of those options would be free. :-)Be sure to let us know what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!