Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Harvest Trio

Today's Autumn themed project is a card I made using my favorite ink tool of all time...Yep, you know it ~ the Ink Blending Tool & Foams!!! I just LOVE that thing!

Anyway, the background was made using the Spritz & Flick technique. #4 on my list of Favorite IBT Techniques! (NOTE - you can see the complete list along the right hand side with links to each technique!)

Harvest Trio

Summer CHA 08001

Supplies:

Distress Inks - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool & Foams - Ranger

Archival Ink - Ranger

Mini Mister (filled with water) - Ranger

Cut & Dry Nibs - Ranger

Harvest Trio images - TAC

Leaves (in the background) - Clearly Impressed

Stitches - Fontwerks

Cardstock- Bazzill

Instructions:

1. Apply Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink over an entire piece of cardstock cut to card size. Remember to use swirling motions and keep your foam moving at all times. Never stop on your paper... it will create less than desirable results leaving marks where the foam pad came to rest.

I like to work extra ink into some areas while leaving others a bit lighter. It just adds depth to the finished piece. You may want a more even coverage for your creation. Just experiment...

2. Once you are satisfied with the ink coverage, squirt 2-3 pumps of water into your hand and "Flick" it onto the inked cardstock. Let it set for 20-30 seconds and pat dry. DO NOT RUB!! You want to just pick the water up off the surface, not wipe it away because you will wipe the ink away as well.

You will end up with water marks in your ink like this....

Summer CHA 08001

3. Stamp leaves over the cardstock panel with Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Apply Walnut Stain Ink to the edges of the cardstock as well.

4. Stamp Harvest Trio using Archival Ink. I love using this ink as it dries quickly and is waterproof. I use it all the time when I want to color my images in!

5. Color your image in using Cut & Dry Nibs and Distress Inks.

Summer CHA 08001

6. Mount images using pop-dots or double sided foam tape.

7. Stamp stitches around the edge of the cardstock panel. Mount on rust & brown cardstock panels, stitch on buttons. Mount on card base.

So there ya go...a fun Harvest themed card! The basic design of the card is one that could be used with virtually any holiday or theme. Simply change out the Harvest Trio of images with other stamps that fit your desired theme!! (you may see this design in the near future for a Ink Stained Sketch! - hint hint!!)

Have a happy harvest day everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy warm colors! I need to add Spiced Marmalade to my Distress Ink collection.

    Note: anyone that likes a more pronounced water spot on this technique, dry water drops with heat tool instead of blotting.

    Thanks for sharing this beautiful Harvest Trio card with us, and have an inky day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's super cute and makes me want to go home and dig out my fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. It is so warm and fall-like!!
    You have been given a blog award, Roni. Check out my blog http://rockinrobin1973.blogspot.com for details!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do I love that Spiced Marmalade! I am so far out of it that I didn't even know they had that color. Glad you reminded us of the water flick technique because that's one I want to use soon. Gives just the right amount of visual texture to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and all it's beautiful warm colors. So glad you are making some pretty cards with such yummy colors. Here we have had snow for 4 days now...not much accululation but not totally melting either...ah-h enjoy fall as l-o-n-g as you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!