Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NEW Distress Stickles!!!!!

Distress Stickles002

I'm so excited to be able to share a glimpse of Ranger/Tim Holtz's NEW Distress Stickles! I know once you get a look at the texture & colors you're going to fall in love with them just like I did!

The first thing you'll notice about the Distress Stickles is the larger throat size of the nozzle. (you can see the difference between Distress Stickles on the L & Regular Stickles on the R)

Distress Stickles003


This larger opening is necessary because the Distress Stickles has a larger particle size than normal Stickles. You will want to practice a time or two on scrap paper when you first give it a go. The larger opening presents a bit of an adjustment as opposed to working with regular Stickles. The DS comes out very quickly so gentle pressure is more than enough to apply a generous helping of the glue. (trust me on this....)

The next thing you'll notice about the Distress Stickles is the particle color. The pieces of glitter are much larger and have a pearlescent shine that you don't get with Stickles. The pearly glitter reminds me of the shimmer & shine that composite mica offers! (and you know how much I love mica!!) Not only does this new glitter give a beautiful shimmer to your projects but as the DS dries it yields a rough, "distressed" texture. Depending on how thick you apply the DS it may resemble Glass Glitter or Sugar Crystals once dry ~ another giant plus in my book!! The texture of Glass Glitter without dealing with the sharp little shards of glass! A welcome relief.

Of course all 12 of the colors match the existing colors in the Distress Line of products. (the second 12 will be coming out this winter!!!!)

Distress Stickles work just as well as the Stickles we're all familiar with. It can be used as an adhesive (after all it is a glitter glue) or it can be used as a highlight/embellishment on virtually anything!

I am working with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles....

Home is where....ATC

Measuring Stick stamp - Lost Coast Designs

Distress Stickles004


Live Well ATC

Tulip Stamps - Darkroom Door - Wildflower Set

Distress Stickles006

Close up comparison of the Distress Stickles & Stickles. You can see what a difference the larger, pearl particles make in the finished look. It is like nothing I've seen in the glitter glue market! Simply amazing!!

Distress Stickles006

Told you that you'd fall in love with it!!
Now, we just have to wait for it to hit the stores - EEK!
Don't know if I can stand it - LOL!!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I totally understand! I love stickles too!! Need to get some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roni - I just picked up the Aug/Sept issue of Stamper's Sampler and what did I find on page 55? A gorgeous card called Ooh La La by Roni Johnson. And it's made with Stickles!

    Very cool. Congrats! I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks fantastic! I can hardly wait! Thanks for sharing Roni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're just stunning. I NEED them!!
    Love your ATC's you did with them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i love this!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to have a hold of it on our lss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting these great examples using the new stickles! Your projects are so pretty!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for explaining the difference! I finally googled it after wondering for years and am glad your blog popped up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!