Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bingo!

Yep, today is Bingo day - LOL!!

I was so lucky to get a vintage bingo game from a lady my mom works with. She was cleaning out her parents home and the game was destined for the garbage!!! Can you believe it ~ anyway, mom told her that she was sure I'd like to have it and boy was she right! You'll understand when you see the cards!

First I wanted to share a couple of charms I made using wooden bingo chips. These are actually new chips from Hannah Grey. I carefully drilled a very small hole down the center of them so they could be strung on a beading wire. Add a few beads and dangles and you've got yourself some great charms!

O67 - "67" is the year I was born and the computer is for how much I love the net :)

Charm Necklace 005

B11 - "B" is for Ben & Bob (my guys) and the leaf represents their place on our family tree!

Charm Necklace 005

And here is an ATC from the awesome vintage bingo cards....

Object of my Affection -

Some of the cards are that cool washed out green color! The flourish stamp in the background is Fancy Pants; the People Image - Stampington & Co.

bingo002

Your Special Day Card

This is the other type of card in the box. It started life out being white but is now a nice vintage color of old paper. I love it! It's perfect for layering on Distress Inks :) Bird stamp is Stampington & Co, flourishes, tiny flowers and saying are all Inkadinkadoo. Flowers are of course Prima's.

bingo001

Be sure to check in tomorrow to see what new game piece goodies I can come up with!

TTFN and it doesn't sound like too many of you have inky fingers?!?!?

What's going on out there???

Sounds like you need some quality time with your ink pads & stamps!

I give you permission to take a break and play ;)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!


5 comments:

  1. LOVE the old bingo cards! Wow, what a find!! Doesn't it just kill to to think that people are throwing out cool stuff like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored when you got those FREE Bingo cards! I need to start "yard sale~ing" again because I don't have any Bingo cards, wooden checkers, or Tri-ominos...I DID get good 'n messy painting and stamping in my Health Journal today!
    This weekend: a woman on a vintage game hunt, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are cool!

    as for taking time to play - I wish!!!!

    I did manage a couple of very quick journal pages this week but just can't find the time to really get stuck into anything.

    I want some me time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Not only do I have painty fingers I have modeling paste fingers and my advice is: Don't wait too long to wash your hands.
    I've never worked with game pieces but you're making it pretty interesting.
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find, I think there must be mountains of stuff like this gets thrown out everyday, such a waste. Im glad you put some to good use and you have created some lovely pieces with it. Thanks for sharing, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!