Monday, April 28, 2008

Clearly Stickles!

Today I have a fun project that would be a perfect way to add a little sparkle to Mother's Day! I'm sure you've all seen the clear acrylic paint cans...you know the ones that Prima Flowers flowers come in or they even have some that you can buy empty now! (JoAnn's has them and I think Michael's may.) It incorporates one of those buckets, Stickles Glitter Glue and Grunge Board!

Stickles 1
Supplies:
Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger
Ice Stickles (larger glitter particles but fewer pieces) - Ranger
Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers - Ranger
Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger
Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Ranger
Grunge Board - Advantus (pre-cut & sheets)
Clear Acrylic Bucket - Provo Craft
Rubber Stamps (Autumn Leaves used for example)
Quick Hold Craft Glue


Instructions:


1. Paint Grunge Board pieces. Lettuce - flourish; Silver - sheet.
Stickles 2
2. Apply Stickles to Flourish pieces and set aside to dry. (NOTE - by using 2 or more colors of Stickles you can add loads of dimension!) Lime Green & Patina were used for this example.
Stickles 3
3. Stamp various flowers and butterflies onto the painted Grunge Board sheet.
Stickles 4
4. Carefully apply Black Diamond Stickles to each stamped image. Set aside to dry.
Stickles 5
5. When dry, add desired colors to images as shown. Let dry.
Stickles 6
6. Prepare the bucket by cleaning both inside and outside of bucket carefully making sure to remove any lint or dust. You don't want anything to get mixed in with the Stickles during the next step.
7. Apply Ice Stickles to the INSIDE of the bucket...You'll probably have to apply it with your fingers depending on the size of your bucket. (don't worry, it washes off) Now I know what you're thinking...that looks awful! Trust me, the glue dries clear and all your going to be left with is a neat glittery bucket!
Stickles 7
8. Once all of the Flowers, Butterflies & Flourish pieces are dry it's time to start applying them to the bucket! I used Quick Hold Craft Glue from the makers of E-6000. It is wonderful stuff...you just hold it for a few seconds and it's stuck tight! I added brads to the centers of my flowers and covered them in Stickles after applying them to the bucket. This is totally optional but I think it adds a bit of dimension that you otherwise wouldn't have.
Stickles 8
9. Once you've applied all of your pieces your piece will resemble this...You can leave it like this or you can apply Alcohol Ink to the metal rims & lid. Totally optional!
Stickles 9
10. Fill with love and give to Mom!!
Stickles Butterflies & Flowers 001
another view....
Stickles Butterflies & Flowers 002
close up of one of the butterflies....(note - you can also see the glitter on the inside of the bucket).
Stickles Butterflies & Flowers 004
Reminder....
Mother's Day is only 13 more days!!

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea and a super way to dress up any acrylic container. I just love the way the grunge board flourishes look with the ink and stickles!
    I actually have some ice stickles that I got a long time ago, but it came in a jar like dry glitter. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it, since it's got the big particles. But now I'm inspired to pull it out, grab my glue and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!

    And I haven't seen that new glue yet - Quick Hold Craft Glue from the makers of E-6000, but I am excited to try it. I will keep my eye out. Thanks for the tip!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! You used my suggestion about showing us more projects using Stickles!! Thanks so much!!

    Love this project. My art store has the paint cans. Now just to find the Ice Stickles!! My mom will love this with Sugar Free chocolates in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous container roni - i wouldn't have thought of using stickles on grungeboard but i will now :O) thank you for my fab inkssentials pen that arrived this morning - i can't wait to have time to play - thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :)

    Hope you have fun with the pen FiFi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful. loved that tin can so gorgeous. another new inspiration from you really amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!