Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ink Blending Tool - Top Ten Techniques

Today I wanted to post my list for the Top Ten Techniques on how to use the Ink Blending Tool! The most popular question I get is WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?!?!? Several people have mentioned that they don't know to use it and please show us the basics. So, I have put together a class on the Ink Blending Tool and thought I would share it with you. This is the same class that I share locally and have had great success with it.

I will be starting off with some basic shading techniques using various inks moving onto some alternative ideas on working with the Ink Blending Tool, inks, acrylic paints and even some Dimensional Pearls.

I hope you will enjoy learning a bit more about the Ink Blending Tool :)

IBT - Top Ten Techniques

1. Edging & Shading

2. Monochromatic Gradient Backgrounds

3. Multi Color Gradient Backgrounds

4. Spritz & Flick

5. Burnt Edge Technique

6. Masking Made Easy

7. Distressed Linen

8. Faux Wood Grain

9. Distressed Stamping

10 Layered Pearls

I am going to try to post the first technique tonite but my puppy underwent eye surgery earlier this week and is needing a large amount of care right now....I won't go into the particulars as it's a bit icky but he's essentially blind right now. Hopefully this will correct his eye problems ~ we'll find out in 2 weeks if it was successful.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Wrapping the puppy in prayers! I very sincerely hope everything works out ok.

    I have a 14 yr old Shih-Tsu who is the love of my life and two beautiful cats, one recently adopted from the local no-kill animal shelter where I volunteer. From one animal lover to another, I know what it's like and wish you and your family (the 2 and 4 legged family, of course) the best!

    - phinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope little fidget is okay. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers will be sent up for your puppy.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will pray that your Puppy will get better and gain back his eye sight.

    I loved puppies and I am also a dog lover seeing them get sick it really melts my heart to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!